Gachagua Responds to Murkomen Over Incitement Remarks as He Makes Fresh Allegations Against Ruto

Former Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua has declared that he will not be intimidated into silence, insisting he will continue speaking out against the Kenya Kwanza administration despite accusations that his remarks are inciteful.

Responding to Interior Cabinet Secretary Kipchumba Murkomen's claims that he was fuelling division and incitement, Gachagua told supporters that he had no intention of backing down, arguing that he was merely telling Kenyans what he believes is the truth.

"Huyu Ruto, Sudi na Murkomen wamepanga kuiba New KCC. Na ndio unasikia huyu kijana Ruto akisema ati I'm inciting people. 

I want to tell you wewe kijana ya Ruto, I'm telling people the truth. Hiyo truth ndio mnaita incitement. There is nothing you can do to me. I'll continue telling the people of Kenya the truth," Gachagua declared.

The former deputy president maintained that government criticism would not deter him from making public what he described as questionable dealings involving state institutions.

He claimed that every time he raises concerns, senior government officials accuse him of incitement instead of responding to the issues he has raised.

"Unaskia Murkomen akisema that I am inciting people. I am telling people the truth, and there's nothing you can do to me. 

Ile ulikuwa umepanga kuua Wakikuyu hapa, nikaambia Wakenya. Sasa ile mnataka kuiba New KCC, nitaambia Wakenya. Ile mnataka kuiba Sevens Sacco, nitaambia Wakenya," he said.

Gachagua further alleged that there were attempts to interfere with New KCC and the savings held by cooperative societies, vowing that he would continue exposing any such plans regardless of the consequences.

"And Wakenya wanasimama na mimi. Na hakuna pahali mtanipeleka. Lazima tuambie Wakenya ukweli. 

We cannot allow William Ruto and his tribesmen to finish whatever little that is remaining in this country, the savings of the Kenyan workers through the Saccos. 

Hiyo New KCC, Ruto wachana nayo. Wewe tenda tengeneza kampuni yako ya maziwa. Uko na mashamba kubwa. Weka factory huko yako, ununue maziwa. Wachana na New KCC. Hiyo ni factory ya wakulima wadogo," he added.

His remarks came shortly after Murkomen accused him of creating fear in the Mt Kenya region, intimidating business leaders and undermining national unity.

The Interior CS also warned that security agencies were closely monitoring Gachagua's activities and pledged to protect lives and property.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post