Lawyer and political activist Miguna Miguna has reacted sharply to local media reports on Zawadi Nyong’o’s heartfelt Instagram tribute marking her fourth wedding anniversary with her wife.
Zawadi, daughter of Kisumu Governor Prof. Anyang’ Nyong’o and sister to Oscar-winning actress Lupita Nyong’o, posted on August 8: “Happy 4 Year Anniversary Habibi! I love you so much. Thank you for being my wife – my ride or die, my bob, my best friend.” She thanked her partner for standing by her “through the storm” and added, “I see you. I appreciate you. I love you.”
The post, first highlighted by outlets including K24, quickly drew attention, with some headlines emphasising her identity and family background.
In his characteristic no-holds-barred style, Miguna questioned the media’s priorities. He accused sections of the press of elevating personal lifestyle stories of political elites while ignoring pressing national issues such as corruption, economic hardship, and governance failures in counties like Kisumu.
Tags
People